Saturday, September 19, 2015

Burst of fun with Color Burst

Color Burst by Ken Oliver Crafts is my new favorite tool for watercoloring.  I have been experimenting with many different ways to use it.  I love the randomness of sprinkling it on and spritzing it with water.  I could make backgrounds all day by doing this.
I've also been sprinkling it through a stencil and then using the leftover pigment on the stencil to get more prints.  This is a great way to use the color up and not waste all that glorious pigment.
Stencil- Butterflies by Delta, Celebrate thinlit die by Sizzix

Celebrate Stamp by StaminUp


Here are 3 prints I made using the new Earth Tone Color Burst and a stencil. First I placed a stencil over my watercolor paper and gently sprinkled the color on.  Then I spritzed with water.  I laid a second piece of watercolor paper on top to soak up some of the  Color Burst on the stencil.  I gently removed that piece and then lifted the stencil to remove the bottom one.  Finally, I spritzed the stencil with a little more water and placed it face down on a third piece of watercolor paper. I think this color combo for fall cards is fantastic.
To create this background, I ran my watercolor paper through an embossing folder.  Then I  gently rubbed a white crayon over the raised areas.  Finally, I sprinkled Color Burst on it and spritzed with water until the colors blended and filled in the spaces.  For the Lily flower, I embossed with white embossing powder on watercolor paper and used the Color Burst Alizarin Crimson to fill in with water and a brush.  I fussy cut the lily and the pad.  Lily4me stamp by Stamps of Life


No comments:

Post a Comment